Visit the Safe Room, which houses the safe that held the payroll for the Railroad and the workers who built the Dam. The Safe Room, just off the casino floor, was manufactured by Hall’s Safe and Lock Company in Cincinnati and San Francisco sometime between 1870 and 1892. The vault was actually built around the safe.
The floor is six feet thick and the walls are one foot thick, both built of solid concrete. Once the vault was finished, the safe was in place for good. The vault door is permanently in the open position, allowing anyone access to the safe inside. Decades ago the combination to the safe was lost and, to this day, no one knows what treasures it may still contain.